Golf is not as simple as players making use of clubs to hit balls. It is a systematized progression of a game that is played by professionals who understand the art of stroke play among other styles of golfing.
Golf as a form of sports originated back in the 15th century in Scotland and Rome through other game like ‘Paganica.’ Gradually, ‘Paganica’ started becoming popular all throughout Europe and eventually evolved into the modern game – golf. The first written record of golf was discovered in 1457 with James II. The game swept through all other forms of sports including archery and was eventually banned because people considered it to be an unwelcomed distraction. However, James IV lifted the ban in 1502 and emphasized on how exclusive this sports can be.
Fast forward to 2016 and we all know the value golf holds as a form of sports. To master in this game, it is essential that our bodies receive the necessary nutrition. Golf, just like any other sports requires energy, clarity, and strength to compete better.
This article will help you through how you can fulfill the nutritional needs to become a good golfer:
Nutrient Rich Diet
Include food items in your meal that consist of a greater nutrient density. This will improve the ingestion process of your system. It keeps you both, mentally and physically fit.
How will it help?
There are a lot of other benefits that come along with increasing nutrient intake except for improved energy. Some of those benefits are listed below:
- It lowers risks of heart disease. Having a daily intake of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains will make your heart healthy.
- A nutrient rich diet will make your bones and teeth strong by increasing osteoporosis.
- The most primary benefit of a nutrient – rich diet is that it increases the blood flow to your brain, thereby protecting brain cells and also preventing any brain – related diseases.
Maintaining Sugar Levels
It is important that one keeps a check on his/her sugar intake. Not only because it is essential to minimize has excessive body fitted but also because an inappropriate level of sugar in the body consists of the potential of causing an over – all imbalance.
How will it help?
It is true that food items that are high in sugar help you fuel up your body. However, the ones high in sugar also tend to be high in calories. By cutting out the unnecessary sugar from your diet, you will increase the performing efficiency of your body.
- You also stand the chances of raising the triglycerides levels of your body if you have an exorbitant level of sugar in your body.
- Triglyceride is known to lead to numerous heart diseases, which can, in turn, cause extreme psychological problems such as hypertension.
- To prevent all of these, it is important to decrease the level of sugar you consume on a daily basis.
Consumption of Supplements
Consuming high anti – oxidant supplements will improve the ability of your body cells to function. Specific health benefits of anti – oxidants are included in the list below.
How will it help?
- Increases energy in your body to help you perform better. It makes your body think it’s younger than its age.
- Anti – oxidants improve the resistance of the body against diseases and harmful outer environmental agents.
- It also reduced the risks of a high – blood pressure.
Therefore, you need not worry about being under the sun for too long and extending your gameplay by just a few hours.
It is just as essential to consume fat as well, but the right kind. These consist of omega – 3 fatty acids that are considered significant for the immune system of the body. Food items such as fish, beef, and eggs are some that fall under this category.
How will it help?
Psychological disorders such as bipolar disorder, depression, and tubular dysfunction among others are all that can be easily prevented if omega – 3 fatty acids are consumed at appropriate levels.
- It is quite similar to consuming supplements as omega – 3 fatty acids, to reduce the risks of a high – blood pressure.
- The above mentioned were the important nutrients that should be included in your diet if you want to be a good golfer.
However, many other aspects need to be taken care of, too. Following given are some things that need to be kept in mind:
1. Keep Your Body Hydrated
The majority of the body comprises of liquid. Therefore, it is paramount to consume water and keep your body hydrated. This will help eliminate waste faster and further facilitate the appropriate level of body temperature.
2. Maintain Proper Meal – Cycles
Many types of research suggest that eating right before exercising or physically exerting one’s body is a bad idea. However, it is not true in all cases. It is important to fuel your body before you start playing or practicing golf. Consuming a carbohydrate and protein rich diet will improve your performance efficiency. Note that you must avoid fatty food which will slow your body down rather than increase its speed.
3. Consumption during the Game
Another thing to keep in mind is that it is equally important to recover the energy that has been expended while playing the game. This means, eating a quick snack and consuming proper levels of fluids should also be a part of your game schedule. It will improve your concentration thereby improving the accuracy of your shots. Cereal bars and energy drinks are your best friends during a time like this.
4. Post Game Consumption
It is normal for the body to feel tired after playing the game. Therefore, prepare recovery nutrition for yourself that you can consume after you come back from a game. This should include food items that will help restore your bodily fluids and improve the muscle glycogen. This will also consequently help your muscle repair and grow over time.
5. Using the Right Equipment
Other than taking care of your diet, one must also take special attention into choosing the right equipment for themselves. There are a varied number of golf clubs and balls that are made available in the market. However, if you fail to choose the one that consists of all the necessary elements to ensure a good shot, all the effort you took to maintain the perfect diet will go wasted. Do the needed research and choose the right equipment for yourself.
The best way to ensure that you genuinely follow these steps is by making time – table of the entire day. Not only will it help you follow the right steps but it will also help you keep a track of whatever you have consumed. Ultimately, it is a practice that will make you perfect.
Hope this was informative and helped you in some way. Make sure you comment and leave feedback!
Happy golfing, folks!